Am I a Candidate for Invisalign? | Wexford PA
It’s never too late to get the smile of your dreams. And while previously you may have been discouraged from straightening your teeth due to the unattractive, uncomfortable, and restrictive, traditional metal wires and brackets system, Invisalign in Wexford, PA uses a series of clear, removable plastic trays to move your teeth to the right position. These clear aligners are virtually unnoticeable by other people, so no one knows that you’re undergoing treatment. Moreover, they’re removable, allowing you to continue enjoying your favorite foods and continue with your normal oral hygiene routine.
Unfortunately, not everyone can enjoy the benefits of the Invisalign orthodontic system. Here are the typical requirements for treatment using the Invisalign system:
1. Mild to Moderate Orthodontic Issues
Invisalign works best for less severe orthodontic problems, so it’s mostly recommended for mild to moderate cases of:
- Crooked teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
- Protruding teeth
- Mild overbites and underbites
- Malocclusion – imperfect teeth position with mouth closed
- Open bites
- Wide gaps
- Excessive overjets – overlap by central tooth
For most extreme orthodontic issues, the problem usually goes beyond having crooked teeth. For instance, the jaw may have shifted. While Invisalign aligners may move the crooked teeth, they won’t fix the underlying jaw problem, so another orthodontic treatment or complementary treatment is necessary.
2. Older Teenager or Adults
There are two main reasons why Invisalign in Wexford, PA is mostly recommended for adults or older teens, including:
- First, the treatment can only be used for the patient’s whose teeth and jaws have finished developing. As such, it’s not recommended for children and young teenagers.
- Second, the Invisalign system uses removable aligners that must be worn for about 22 hours a day, every day for the entire duration of the treatment, which could be more than one year. The patient must be responsible and motivated enough to follow these directions; changing the aligners every two weeks and wearing them all-day except when eating, cleaning the mouth, and perhaps participating in a sport. Failure to do so can reverse the changes and cause the treatment to take longer and cost more.
Please consult with your orthodontist in Wexford, PA to determine whether Invisalign is right for you, as well as any other necessary treatments for your case.
Meet Dr. Pasco
125 Towne Centre Drive, Suite 510
Wexford, PA 15090
Phone: (724) 719 2866
View Larger Map
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY
Our family has been coming to LiveWell Dentistry since it opened. The staff is friendly and professional. The convenience of the office location is perfect for a family with a busy lifestyle. Dr. Leslie is knowledgeable and performs only those procedures that are needed. D.O.