Dental Implants in Wexford PA
Dental implants are one of the most popular tooth replacement options in Wexford, PA. They are strong, stable, and long lasting, and the best replacement for your natural teeth. Implants have been used for decades to replace one or more missing teeth with great success, giving you a similar look, feel, fit, and function as your natural teeth.
If you have unhealthy natural teeth that need to be extracted and replaced, or you’re looking for a permanent tooth replacement option, Dr. Leslie Pasco may recommend implants to:
- Fill gaps in your mouth after tooth removal to prevent remaining teeth from shifting
- Restore your speech, chewing, and digestion ability
- Restore your smile
- Restore or enhance your facial features
- Support a denture or bridge for added comfort
- Resolve bite problems or joint pain due to shifting teeth
What to Expect
The procedure involves the surgical placement of a titanium post below the gum, such that the implant is attached to the underlying jawbone. This provides a stable support for one or more artificial teeth replacements – or dental crowns – for a restoration that is just as sturdy as your natural teeth.
The treatment usually requires multiple visits to the dentist over a period of several months as follows:
- First visit: Consultation to determine your suitability for dental implants and tooth/teeth extraction
- Second visit: Surgical placement of the implant into the jawbone. Following the procedure, you should change your diet to soft and cold foods and warm soup to facilitate healing. Healing takes several months.
- Third visit: Placement of the artificial tooth or teeth onto the implant. During the healing process, Dr. Pasco will customize a new tooth or crown based on the size, shape, fit, and color of adjacent teeth to give you a uniform smile.
When replacing multiple teeth, one implant may be used to support multiple bridges or dentures may be used.
Am i a candidate for dental implants?
The ideal candidate for dental implants must have healthy gums and sufficient bone structure to support the implant. In some cases, the dentist may recommend additional procedures like bone grafting to ensure that the implant will be successfully placed. Visit Dr. Pasco in Wexford today to discover whether you are a good candidate for dental implants.
Meet Dr. Pasco
125 Towne Centre Drive, Suite 510
Wexford, PA 15090
Phone: (724) 719 2866
View Larger Map
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY
I had to get 4 teeth pulled today. I was really scared to get numbed because of the needle that was going into my mouth. The dentist started numbing me and it didn’t hurt at all!! Then she had to pull the teeth out and I felt a little pressure, but it didn’t hurt or […]