Who is the Ideal Candidate for Dental Implants?
Of all the modern tooth replacement options available today, dental implants are by far the best. Implants not only give you a prosthetic tooth that is nearly as strong and stable as your natural tooth, but also preserve the underlying bone tissue that naturally deteriorates when you lose a tooth, causing your face to deform. And with the ability to match the color of the crown to that of your existing teeth, the replacement tooth is virtually unnoticeable when you smile.
As a result, dental implants are the most popular tooth replacement option in Wexford, PA. Your dentist may recommend dental implants to replace one or more missing teeth.
Depending on your case, you can use the implant to:
- Fill gaps in your mouth after tooth removal to prevent remaining teeth from shifting
- Restore your speech, chewing, and digestion ability
- Restore your smile
- Restore or enhance your facial features
- Support a denture or bridge for added comfort
- Resolve bite problems or joint pain due to shifting teeth
The treatment usually requires multiple visits to the dentist over a period of several months as follows:
- First visit: Consultation to determine your suitability for dental implants and tooth/teeth extraction
- Second visit: Surgical placement of the implant into the jawbone. Following the procedure, you should change your diet to soft and cold foods and warm soup to facilitate healing. Healing takes several months.
- Third visit: Placement of the artificial tooth or teeth onto the implant. During the healing process, Dr. Pasco will customize a new tooth or crown based on the size, shape, fit, and color of adjacent teeth to give you a uniform smile. When replacing multiple teeth, one implant may be used to support multiple bridges or dentures may be used.
Additional Treatments for Successful Dental Implants
The ideal candidate for dental implants must have healthy gums and sufficient bone structure to support the implant. In some cases, the dentist may recommend additional procedures like bone grafting to ensure that the implant will be successfully placed. Please visit your dentist in Wexford today to discover whether you are a good candidate for dental implants.
Meet Dr. Pasco
125 Towne Centre Drive, Suite 510
Wexford, PA 15090
Phone: (724) 719 2866
View Larger Map