Invisalign FAQ | Wexford PA
When would my orthodontist recommend Invisalign?
If you are looking to straighten your teeth or improve your smile by correcting mild to moderate orthodontic issues such as overcrowded or protruding teeth, malocclusion or bad bite, or under/cross/overbites, then your orthodontist may recommend Invisalign.
While traditional braces can also be used to address the same problems, you may prefer Invisalign because:
- The clear aligners are less noticeable
- The aligners are removable, which makes it easier to maintain your normal diet and oral care routine.
- It’s more comfortable – there’s no metal to irritate your gums, tongue, or lips
What are Invisalign aligners made of?
The aligners are made from medical-grade, a thermoplastic polymer that has the high elasticity to allow for a more precise aligner fit and superior tooth movement, as well as to facilitate the delivery of a gentle and constant force during treatment with great comfort. Each set of aligners is custom-made to deliver a perfect fit over your teeth.
Does Invisalign have an age limit?
Generally, this popular treatment is recommended for adults of all ages because their teeth and jaws have finished growing and developing. Adults are also motivated and responsible enough to wear their aligners as directed by the Invisalign specialist.
Unlike braces that are fixed to your teeth, which means that the treatment will continue without requiring your input, clear aligners require active participation from the patient. You’re required to wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day, removing them only when eating and brushing/flossing your teeth. You need to follow the direction strictly to ensure that your treatment proceeds as required, and doesn’t take longer than intended as this will increase the cost of treatment as well.
That said, there is an option for teens known as Invisalign Teen that allows teenagers to enjoy the benefits of Invisalign when straightening their teeth. Some unique features of this option include:
- Power ridges that facilitate the growth of tooth roots into the right places
- Extra features to accommodate the developing teeth in teens
- Tools to help ensure teens wear each set of aligners for the recommended time
- Complimentary replacements in case the aligners are lost or damaged
Please consult your Invisalign specialist in Wexford, PA to learn more about the Invisalign system.
Meet Dr. Pasco
125 Towne Centre Drive, Suite 510
Wexford, PA 15090
Phone: (724) 719 2866
View Larger Map